Tuesday, January 25, 2011

1/24/2011: Pondering The Nature of a Find

Yesterday, I was delighted to discover a bit of mail in my inbox from a fellow named Christian who, embued with the spirit of the triple, generously decided to share a find with me and the readers of this blog. Behold the simple majesty of the Triple Peanut:




He also passed along a question regarding the frequency of the three chambered legume:


Dear Corey,

I'm attaching a picture of my triplets. Enjoy

But I'm curious to know the following : how often does one pull a triple chambered peanut out of the average ball game sized bag of nuts?
 
Christian
 
   
A great question, Christian, but before I hazard an answer, I must caution the reader that I am not an expert on the Triple Peanut nor have I been divinely blessed by any particular knowledge of it. I am merely a person who has decided to dedicate a portion of his life to contemplating and appreciating the awe-inspiring essence contained within the trifurcated pod. I learn new and exciting things about the Tri-Nut everyday and if I have learned more than most, it is only because I take care to afford these most delightful of legumes the respect and care that they deserve.
 
Now then, on to my answer. Although it is only natural for us to be curious about the inner workings of the Triple, their will is not ours to know. We must trust in the Triple's providence and know always that when one finds us, it is only because it must be so. When we are united with a triple peanut, rather than pry into the inner workings of how the union came to fruition, it is perhaps more prudent to rejoice in the simple majesty of a lifelong connection between two life forms finally being consummated. Keep this in mind, and your journey will never want for meaning.
 
Christian responds:
 
 
This is a great truth before me today. My whole life ive tried to find a cluster of trips to call my own, but now I know that it is not I who finds the nuts, it's the nuts who will find me. Thanks Corey! Keep the site up and running! If Your quest gets tough and you want to stop because you realize you run a website based on rare peanuts, DON'T! whatever you f**king do, don't stop blogging my nuts. You need this. The world needs this. . . I... Need this.


Cheers!
 
 
Haha! Your exuberance is well met, dear Christian! Short of meeting a Triple through the course of one's own life, there truly is no greater joy than rejoicing in the find of another! You have my solemn promise that these pages will forever be dedicated to the celebration of the Glorious Triple, for as we need the Tri-Nut it most certainly needs us as well. We are each but a part of a cosmic whole and when our paths see fit to cross, each of us becomes more complete through the sacred act of consumption. This journey binds us together, man and legume, and by fully appreciating it we grow closer to being one with the numinous essence of the universe! I wish many happy returns to you, my friend, may the rest of your days be blessed with the most bountiful and fulfilling of finds!

1 comment: